How do you say basic words in Vietnamese?
Greetings and essentials
- Xin Chào (sin chow) / Hello.
- Cảm Ơn (gam un) / Thank you.
- Dạ / Không (yah / comb) — Yes / No.
- Xin Lỗi (sin loy) / Excuse Me.
- Tôi không hiểu. ( …
- Hẹn gặp lại (hen gap lie) / See you again.
- Nhà vệ sinh ở đâu? (nah vey sin uh dow) / Where is the bathroom?
How do Vietnamese talk?
Indirect Communication: The Vietnamese are generally observed as being indirect verbal communicators, often understating themselves to reach their point. Language Style: In an effort to speak modestly, the Vietnamese have a tendency not to use very colourful expressions. …
How do you say Xin chao?
The most basic default greeting in Vietnamese is xin chao, which is pronounced, “zeen chow.” You can probably get away with using only xin chao as a greeting in most instances.
How do you flirt in Vietnamese?
Making use of Compliments and Flirty words
- “You are very beautiful/ handsome” – “Em/ Anh rất xinh gái/ đẹp trai”
- “I love your smile” – “Anh/em yêu nụ cười của em/anh”
- “I like you” – “Anh/ em thích em/anh”
- “Kiss me” – “Hôn anh/em đi”
What is the longest word in Vietnamese?
Vietnamese. Vietnamese is an isolating language, which naturally limits the length of a morpheme. The longest, at seven letters, is nghiêng, which means “inclined” or “to lean”. This is the longest word that can be written without a space.
How do you swear in Vietnamese?
Vulgar/Extremely Insulting Terms:
- đụ/đù – / ɗu˨ / or / ɗu˨˩ /
- cặc- / kα˩˧k /
- lồn- / lo˨˩n /
- đĩ- / ɗi˧˥ˀ /
- quần què- / kwɜ˩n kwe˩ /
- đéo- / ɗɛu̯˥ /
- vãi- / vaĭ˥ˀ /
- cứt- / kɨ˥t /
What do Vietnamese think of foreigners?
Generally speaking, Vietnamese people are incredibly forgiving. They’ve seen foreigners do some pretty idiotic things, so whatever errant blunders you end up committing really won’t upset them all that much. Besides, a smile and an apology are universal.
Do Vietnamese speak English?
The Vietnamese language is difficult. … In tourist centres many Vietnamese will speak some English, but a lot will speak none. In more remote areas, English speakers can be very rare. Some older Vietnamese will speak more French than English.
How is R pronounced Vietnamese?
‘R’ is pronounced as /r/ and ‘tr’ is /t -r/ only in the southern Vietnam. In the north ‘r’ in pronounced as /z/, and ‘tr’ is pronounced as an unaspirated /ch/ in central and northern VN. So many northerners have trouble pronouncing English ‘r’s. ‘Tr’ is the only initial consonantal cluster remaining on Vietnamese.
What is a in Vietnamese?
‘đ’ is makes the same sound as the English d. ‘d’ in the Vietnamese alphabet is z (in Southern Vietnam), ‘d’ is y (in Northern Vietnam). ‘a, â, ă’ are just different ah letters.
How do you read Vietnamese accents?
- Acute. An acute (dấu sắc) is a forward-slash accent placed on vowels: á, é, í, ó, ú, and ý. …
- Grave. A grave (dấu huyền) is a backward-slash accent placed on vowels: à, è, ì, ò, ù, and ỳ. …
- Hook above. …
- Tilde. …
What is the meaning of Xin chao?
xin chào • (吀嘲) (formal) hello.