Foreign nationals who wish to work must have a job offer from an employer who is compliant with relevant regulations; have legally entered the country on a valid passport; possess a valid residency visa; and have no contagious diseases.
How easy is it to get a job in Cambodia?
The easiest way to find jobs in Cambodia, though, is through other expats. While the expat community is growing larger every day, it’s still small enough that finding a job the old-fashioned way–through someone you know–isn’t too hard. There are many opportunities for networking, particularly in Phnom Penh.
Is there job opportunities in Cambodia?
Whether you decide to get a job or start a business, employment is rarely a problem in Cambodia. … While the number of private-sector and English-teaching jobs available to expats is quite large, most do not command a huge salary, but they still offer enough to allow you to live an easy life in an inexpensive country.
How can I get work permit in Cambodia?
Obtaining a Work Permit in Cambodia
- Have a job offer from an employer compliant with relevant regulations regarding the employment of foreign nationals.
- Have legally entered the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Possess a valid passport.
- Possess a valid residency permit.
- Be fit for the relevant job.
- Have no contagious diseases.
How much is a work permit in Cambodia?
The cost for a Cambodia work permit is $30 for a medical certificate, $100 for each prior year, and $130 for 2017.
What is a good salary in Cambodia?
A person working in Cambodia typically earns around 3,310,000 KHR per month. Salaries range from 838,000 KHR (lowest average) to 14,800,000 KHR (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What is the most common job in Cambodia?
Cambodia’s two largest industries are textiles and tourism, while agricultural activities remain the main source of income for many Cambodians living in rural areas. The service sector is heavily concentrated on trading activities and catering-related services.
What is the highest paying job in Cambodia?
- Surgeons / Doctors. Salary Range: from 5,670,000 KHR to 19,600,000 KHR.
- Judges. Salary Range: from 4,760,000 KHR to 16,500,000 KHR. …
- Lawyers. Salary Range: from 3,860,000 KHR to 13,300,000 KHR. …
- Bank Managers. …
- Chief Executive Officers. …
- Chief Financial Officers. …
- Orthodontists. …
- College Professors.
What is the cost of living in Cambodia?
What is the Real Cost of Living in Cambodia? Compared to many Asian countries, the cost of living in Cambodia is still relatively cheap. A foreigner living alone in the city can easily get by on $800 – $1,000 per month if he cooks his own food and indulges in minimal luxuries.
Can you teach English in Cambodia without a degree?
Can you teach English in Cambodia without a degree? Yes! While it’s not required for teachers to have obtained a degree in order to teach English in Cambodia, jobs are easier to come by for those who have earned degrees. In some cases, your education can earn you a higher salary.
How long does it take to get a work permit in Cambodia?
Types of visas in Cambodia
Please contact us for a quote. Work permits are valid for a year, and can be renewed so long as they are not renewed beyond the period specified by the residence permit. They take approximately 1 month to process. Please contact for a quote.
Can foreigners work in Cambodia?
All foreign nationals coming to Cambodia for work must obtain an E-class visa, previously known as a business or ordinary visa, valid for 30 days. They must also obtain a work permit and employment card through the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (MLVT).
How long can you stay in Cambodia without a visa?
If you are from an ASEAN country and hold a passport from Brunei, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam, you do not need a visa to enter Cambodia for between 14 and 30 days depending on the country.
Can I work in the US without a work permit?
Working in the United States without a work permit can put your entire green card application at risk. … You are required to have a work permit even for short-term or informal employment. Getting paid for even just a few hours of work without authorization can cause serious immigration problems in the future.
How do I request a quota in Cambodia?
The quota application process involves the following:
- Submission of a request letter addressed to the Minister of the MLVT attached with the employment contract of each foreign employee.
- Uploading of all required information and documents via the online system.
- Payment of the applicable government fee.
What kind of business should I start in Cambodia?
Doing business in Cambodia – Market opportunity
- Tourism infrastructure and resorts.
- Education services.
- Architecture, construction, and engineering services.
- Household goods and appliances.
- Agribusiness and food processing.
- Used cars and automotive parts.
- Power generation equipment.
- Fast food and beverage franchises.