Some people who are eating Keto avoid Thai food because they think it includes rice or beans with every meal. But honestly, there are a lot of fantastic Thai dishes that don’t include rice or beans and fit in well with the Keto lifestyle.
What can I order at a Thai restaurant on keto?
This is far from being an extensive list of what you can order at a Thai restaurant, but it’s a good start.
- Coconut curries (without the rice)
- Thai salads (check ingredients in the salad and the dressing)
- Stir-fries (check for added sugar)
- Tom Yum or Tom Kha soups (check for added sugar)
Can you eat curry on keto?
This low carb easy coconut chicken curry uses no sugar or refined starches, making it friendly for those who are on the keto diet. This may be low in carbs, but it is full of protein as well as delicious flavor.
What Thai food is low carb?
Fortunately enough, Thailand has plenty of carb-free and low-carb dishes, and here are the best of them.
- Laab. Spicy laab | © Takahiro Yamagiwa/Flickr. …
- Tom Yum. Tom yum with prawns | © Waratharn/Pixabay. …
- Miang Pla Pao. Freshly grilled fish | © Michael Coghlan/Flickr. …
- Saku Sai Moo. …
- Pad Pak Boong. …
- Nam Tok Moo. …
- Kai Jiew. …
- Som Tam.
What Curry is best for Keto?
Here are some Indian dishes that are all keto-friendly:
- Baigan ka bharta. One of the best and more nutritious low carb vegetables is baingan (or brinjal or aubergine). …
- Paneer bhurji. If you’re on a keto diet, then paneer is going to be your friend. …
- Sarso Ka Saag. …
- Avial. …
- Palak Paneer.
Is there any Thai food that is Keto?
If you are a soup lover, Tom Yum and Tom Kha soups are both Keto-friendly. For a more filling option, you can ask for various meats or seafoods to be added. These aren’t like bland American soups.
Is Thai food OK on keto?
You Can Be Keto and Enjoy Thai Food
Whether you’re cooking it up at home, ordering in, or dining out at your favorite Thai restaurant, you can still treat your taste buds to this delicious cuisine without going over your carb limit.
Is panang curry Keto-friendly?
Make your Thai Panang Curry Low Carb, Keto or Paleo friendly! This is actually super easy you guys, so much of this recipe is already keto, low carb, and paleo friendly! Simply swap the brown sugar in the recipe for a keto or paleo approved sweetener.
Can I eat hummus on keto?
Is hummus keto-friendly? No, at least not traditional hummus made with chickpeas, which are classified as legumes. Legumes like chickpeas and most types of beans are avoided on the keto diet because they are high in carbs and low in fat.
Can I eat rice on keto?
You may have already sworn off white rice, but add brown rice to that list, too. It’s a whole grain, which disqualifies it from a keto eating plan. Add a ½-cup serving to a roasted veggie bowl and you’re looking at 24 g of net carbs.
What is the healthiest Thai noodle dish?
Top 5 of the Healthiest Thai Food Orders
- Som Tum. Papaya salad makes for a great appetizer to a heavier meal. …
- Tom Yum Soup. This delicious soup is a staple of Thai cuisine. …
- Green Curry. Now, Thai curry is made with a combination of coconut milk, spices, herbs, and fish sauce, which makes it pretty dense. …
- Phad Thai. …
What is the healthiest Thai food?
Here are the 10 healthiest Thai dishes.
- Som tam (papaya salad)
- Yum ma-muang (green mango salad)
- Yum talay (seafood salad)
- Tom yum goong (hot and sour soup with shrimp)
- Kaeng liang (vegetable soup thai style)
- Pad pak (fried vegetables)
- Pad pak bung fai daeng (stir-fried morning glory)
- Khao man gai (chicken and rice)
Is Thai food really fattening?
Traditional Thai cuisine is quite healthy and largely based on vegetables, lean proteins, and fresh herbs and spices. Certain Thai dishes are high in refined carbs and may contain deep-fried foods, added sugar, or high amounts of salt.
What can I serve with chicken curry instead of rice?
Curry accompaniments: the best side dishes to serve with vegan and vegetarian curries
- Flatbread. There’s nothing better than mopping up a delicious curry than with a beautifully soft and sumptuous naan. …
- Rice. …
- Samosas. …
- Salads. …
- Chutney. …
Can I have coconut milk on keto?
Regular canned or fresh coconut milk is naturally high in fat and low in carbs, making it perfect for a keto diet.