There will be no quarantine imposed on your pet when entering Thailand as long as the following requirements are met. Unless otherwise stated, the regulations below apply to domestic dogs and cats only. Owners of other pets should refer to item 13.
Can I bring my dog with me to Thailand?
1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
What countries have quarantine for dogs?
Countries That May Quarantine Your Pet
- Hong Kong.
How can I take my dog to Thailand?
There are a few documents that you will need to bring in order to travel with your pet to Thailand.
- They will need a health certificate issued by a USDA accredited veterinarian. …
- You must bring a proof of vaccination showing Rabies, Leptospirosis, Distemper, Hepatitis, and Parvovirus vaccines for dogs.
How long do dogs have to stay in quarantine when going abroad?
Dogs must also usually have a tapeworm treatment. Your pet may be put into quarantine for up to 4 months if you do not follow these rules – or refused entry if you travelled by sea. You’re responsible for any fees or charges.
What dogs are banned in Thailand?
Banned breeds in Thailand are:
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Can you move to Thailand with pets?
Bringing Pets to Thailand
Pet transport to Thailand is possible, and it’s best handled with several weeks of preparation. To start, Thai authorities require all animals entering the country to have microchip identification implanted before travel. An inactivated rabies vaccination and certificate are also a must.
What is Quarantine like for dogs?
If the dog is a high risk for rabies, the quarantine has to be done at a shelter. The quarantine period lasts for 10 days. It ends with the release of the animal, or euthanasia if the dog had rabies. If the owner of the dog does not comply with the quarantine procedure, he or she can face a criminal charge.
Are dogs quarantined when entering the US?
Quarantine for pets is not required by most U.S. states and territories; however, Hawaii and Guam do have quarantine requirements for pet dogs and cats being imported into the United States. Pets excluded from entry into the United States must be sent back to the country of origin.
Which country is the most dog friendly?
The 20 Most Dog-Friendly Countries In The World
- Great Britain.
- The Netherlands.
Which airline is most pet-friendly?
Most pet-friendly U.S. airlines
- American Airlines: Best for West Coast travel.
- United Airlines: Best for East Coast travel.
- Delta Airlines: Best for small pets.
- Southwest Airlines: Best for cheap pet fees.
- JetBlue: Best for pet amenities.
- Allegiant Air: Best for pet check-in process.
Does Thai Airways allow pets in the cabin?
Thai Airways Pet Policy: In-Cabin
Thai Airways no longer permits pets to travel in the cabin of the aircraft. Service dogs assisting with blindness or deafness are accepted in the cabin on most flights. Emotional support dogs are accepted only on flights to or from the United States.
How much does it cost to fly a dog internationally?
“Depending on where you’re going and the size of your dog, it can cost you a pretty penny,” Huntington says. “On the cheap side, it will run you around $800–$900, but it can go all the way to numbers like $7,000. It is very expensive to fly pets internationally.”
How do you travel long distance with a dog?
6 Tips for Long Distance Traveling with Your Dog
- Remember to have food and water for your dog, always.
- Ensure the safety of your dog with the right supplies.
- Alternatively, secure your dog in his own car seat.
- Dogs are prone to motion sickness.
- You may need to vaccinate your dog (but not too much)
Do pets have to quarantine after flying?
Myth #1: Every country requires pet quarantine upon arrival.
Many pet owners researching international pet travel assume that every country requires quarantine upon arrival, but the truth is that only a handful really do. … (Note: Sometimes the quarantine requirements depend on the country of origin.)
What country does not allow dogs?
Yes, my country, Maldives is an Islamic country that prohibits bringing in or owning dogs by law. The country is made up of a chain of about 1190 separate islands and there is not a single dog in sight in the whole country, on the some 200 or so islands that are inhabited by people.