Indonesia is located in the ‘Pacific rim of fire’, one of the most active volcanic areas on the planet, and volcanoes in Indonesia are among the most active in the area. In terms of quantity, Indonesia alone has around 13% of the world’s volcanoes!
Why is Indonesia so unique?
It has 139 volcanoes
Indonesia has the third most volcanoes in the world, behind the US and Russia, according to the National Museum of Natural History’s Global Volcanism Program. The volcanic island of Krakatoa, between Java and Sumatra, is perhaps the most famous.
What is Indonesia most known for?
20 Things Indonesia is famous for
- 1) Bali.
- ️ 2) Raja Ampat.
- 3) Borobudur and Prambanan temples.
- 4) Komodo dragon island.
- 5) See orangutans in the wild.
- 6) Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice)
- ️ 7) Rica-rica.
- ♀️ Indonesian locals are very friendly.
What makes the art of Indonesia unique?
The rich cultural heritage of art and handicrafts is one of Indonesia’s true national riches. Indonesian art forms can include designs traced back to early animistic beliefs, ancestor worship, Hindu or Buddhist influenced motifs brought by Indian traders, Chinese or Islamic symbols and beliefs.
What are the characteristics of Indonesia?
The major Indonesian islands are characterized by densely forested volcanic mountains in the interior that slope downward to coastal plains covered by thick alluvial swamps that, in turn, dissolve into shallow seas and coral reefs.
What is the old name of Indonesia?
Short Form: Indonesia. Former Names: Netherlands East Indies; Dutch East Indies.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
Whether you are rich or you are poor, these—indeed—are very strange and frightening times.
What food is Indonesia famous for?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables. …
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away. …
- Bakso. …
- Soto. …
- Nasi goreng. …
- Gado-gado. …
- Nasi uduk. …
- Nasi padang.
Why is Indonesia the best to visit?
You will find that a lot of tourists love coming to Indonesia because of how beautiful and diverse this country is. Known to many as Wonderful Indonesia, it brings you the second largest tropical forests, many pristine beaches with great dive sites and surfing waves, amazing hikes to active volcanoes and wildlife.
What religions are in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
What is the famous art and craft in Indonesia?
Examples of Indonesian textiles includes batik from Java, to songket and ikat developed in many parts of the archipelago. Batik, which is an art of wax-resist dyeing which creates intricate motifs, was elevated as a national art form—a national costume of Indonesia, which transcends Indonesian ethnic groups.
What are the art influences of Indonesia?
- Indonesian art has been shaped by interaction between indigenous customs and foreign influences, including Hinduism , Buddhism , and Islam .
- Indonesian painting before the 19th century was mostly restricted to the decorative arts, considered to be a religious and spiritual activity.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
So when shaking hands, offering a gift, handing or receiving something, eating, pointing or generally touching another person, it is considered proper etiquette to always use your right hand. Pointing toward someone with forefinger is considered rude.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity. …
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be. …
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places. …
- Do not drink tap water. …
- Don’t do drugs. …
- Don’t forget to say thank you. …
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife. …
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What are the values of Indonesia?
- Filial piety.