The word alphabet refers to writing systems were each symbol represents one sound only, such as our own alphabet (with 26 letters). The language with the most letters is Khmer (Cambodian), with 74 (including some without any current use).
How many alphabets are in Cambodia?
Consonant clusters within a word are “stacked”, with the second (and occasionally third) consonant being written in reduced form under the main consonant. Originally there were 35 consonant characters, but modern Khmer uses only 33.
|Languages||Khmer Sanskrit Pali Jarai Cham|
What country has the most letters in their alphabet?
According to the Guinness Book Of World Records, the Khmer Language has the largest alphabet in the world, with a total of 74 letters, consisting of 33 consonants, 23 vowels and 12 independent vowels.
Which language has maximum alphabets?
The Khmer alphabet (for Cambodian) is the longest, with 74 letters.
Which language has the fewest alphabet?
The Central dialect of Rotokas possesses one of the world’s smallest phoneme inventories. (Only the Pirahã language has been claimed to have fewer.) The alphabet consists of twelve letters, representing eleven phonemes.
Is Khmer hard to learn?
Khmer is a truly difficult language for Westerners to learn, harder than Mandarin to speak, and harder than anything other than Chinese or Japanese to read. There are several difficulties. … To top it off, there is no standard, intuitive system to transcribe Khmer into the Latin alphabet.
Which language has the most beautiful letters?
5 Of the world’s most beautiful Alphabets
- Burmese (Myanmar) Photo: Yoann Gruson-Daniel. …
- Sinhalese (Sri Lanka) Photo: Sharyn morrow. …
- Georgian (Georgia) Photo: GTravels. …
- Tagalog (Philippines) Photo: Gubernatoria. …
- Hanacaraka (Indonesia) Photo:Dragone Dragono 李 Halim.
What is the 27th letter in the alphabet?
|Development||ET et &|
|Time period||c. 100 CE to present|
Who has the biggest alphabet?
The language with the most letters is Khmer (Cambodian), with 74 (including some without any current use).
What is the longest English word?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
Which language is oldest in the world?
Seven oldest surviving languages in the world.
- Tamil: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 300 BC. …
- Sanskrit: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 2000 BC. …
- Greek: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1500 BC. …
- Chinese: Origin (according to first appearance as script) – 1250 BC.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages To Learn For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world. …
- Arabic. …
- Polish. …
- Russian. …
- Turkish. …
Which language has richest vocabulary?
Counting the Words in the Dictionary
|Language||Words in the Dictionary|
Which language is the easiest to learn?
And The Easiest Language To Learn Is…
- Norwegian. This may come as a surprise, but we have ranked Norwegian as the easiest language to learn for English speakers. …
- Swedish. …
- Spanish. …
- Dutch. …
- Portuguese. …
- Indonesian. …
- Italian. …
Which language has the largest vocabulary?
Which language has the largest vocabulary? The language with the largest vocabulary in the world is English with 1,025,109.8 words.
Who has the shortest alphabet?
Language with the shortest alphabet: Rotokas (12 letters). Approx. 4300 people speak this East Papuan language. They live primarily in the Bougainville Province of Papua New Guinea.