Nearly 5 million people in the Philippines rely on unsafe and unsustainable water sources and 9 million lack access to improved sanitation.
Does Philippines have clean water?
In the Philippines, 91% of the country’s estimated 100.7 million population have access to at least basic water services; but access is highly inequitable across the country, with regional basic water services access ranging from 62% to 100%.
How many places don’t have clean water?
Some 2.2 billion people around the world do not have safely managed* drinking water services, 4.2 billion people do not have safely managed sanitation services, and 3 billion lack basic** handwashing facilities.
Who lacks clean water?
1. Eritrea: 80.7% lack basic water services. The population of Eritrea in East Africa has the least access to clean water close to home. Lack of adequate household sanitation means open water sources are often contaminated by human and animal waste.
Which country has the least clean water?
Eritrea, Papua New Guinea and Uganda are the three countries with lowest access to clean water close to home, with Papua New Guinea the second lowest in the world at 37% and Uganda a new addition to the list this year at 38% access.
Who has the cleanest water in the world?
Switzerland is repeatedly recognized as a country with the best quality tap water in the world. The country has strict water treatment standards and superior natural resources with an average rainfall per year of 60.5 inches. In fact, 80% of the drinking water comes from natural springs and groundwater.
What are the 10 causes of water pollution?
The Causes of Water Pollution
- Industrial Waste. Industries and industrial sites across the world are a major contributor to water pollution. …
- Marine Dumping. …
- Sewage and Wastewater. …
- Oil Leaks and Spills. …
- Agriculture. …
- Global Warming. …
- Radioactive Waste.
Who has the cleanest water in the US?
Read on to find the 10 cities that have the cleanest tap water.
- 1 Louisville Knows It Is All About The Filters.
- 2 Oklahoma City ‘s Water Comes From Man-Made Lakes. …
- 3 Silverdale, Washington Knows How To Do Water. …
- 4 Greenville Is A Great Place In South Carolina. …
- 5 Fort Collins Has The Mountain Water. …
Which country has the safest tap water *?
Switzerland. If you’ve ever been to Switzerland, it probably won’t surprise you that the alpine nation is home to some of the world’s cleanest tap water. Switzerland’s clean tap water results from both good geography and good policy.
What country uses the most water?
10 Countries That Use the Most Water
- China – 362 trillion gallons.
- United States – 216 trillion gallons.
- Brazil – 95 trillion gallons.
- Russia – 71 trillion gallons.
- Mexico – 53 trillion gallons.
- India – 30 trillion gallons.
- England – 20 trillion gallons.
- France – 20 trillion gallons.
Who has the worst water in the United States?
Texas. Texas leads the nation with GDP growth and job creation, but it also tops the list with the worst public water ratings in the United States. The most polluted water systems are in the state’s small rural communities, where resources are scarce, and populations are often around 100 people per provider.
How much clean water is left?
3% of the earth’s water is fresh. 2.5% of the earth’s fresh water is unavailable: locked up in glaciers, polar ice caps, atmosphere, and soil; highly polluted; or lies too far under the earth’s surface to be extracted at an affordable cost. 0.5% of the earth’s water is available fresh water.
What diseases are caused by unsafe water?
Contaminated water can transmit diseases such diarrhoea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and polio. Contaminated drinking water is estimated to cause 485 000 diarrhoeal deaths each year.
What country has the cleanest air?
The Caribbean island of Puerto Rico has the world’s cleanest air according to the latest World Air Quality Report by IQAir.
COUNTRY RANKING: Cleanest air in the world.
|3||US Virgin Islands||3.7|