Pet transport to Thailand is possible, and it’s best handled with several weeks of preparation. To start, Thai authorities require all animals entering the country to have microchip identification implanted before travel. An inactivated rabies vaccination and certificate are also a must.
Can you move to Thailand with your dog?
1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
How do I import my dog to Thailand?
Anyone wishing to bring animals to Thailand must apply and obtain an import permit from the Ministry of Livestock Development (DLD). The importer must personally submit an application (form 1/1) to import animals into the country to an official AQS veterinarian at least 15 days before importation.
How do I import a pet from Thailand?
Bringing Pets out of Thailand with Passengers
- Passengers must submit an application for an export permit and take their pets for a health check at the AQS no more than 3 days prior to the date of departure.
- The passengers present the documents in item 1 above and their pets at the AQS.
Can you move internationally with a pet?
Making the move with pets internationally isn’t nearly as easy as moving with them domestically, nor is it light on stress for human or animal. But if you do your research and plan your move with your pet’s best interests in mind, you should be able to make it a little bit easier on both of you.
What dogs are banned in Thailand?
Banned breeds in Thailand are:
- American Staffordshire Terrier.
- Pit Bull breeds that include American Pit Bull Terrier, American Bully, American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
Does Thai Airways allow pets in the cabin?
Thai Airways Pet Policy: In-Cabin
Thai Airways no longer permits pets to travel in the cabin of the aircraft. Service dogs assisting with blindness or deafness are accepted in the cabin on most flights. Emotional support dogs are accepted only on flights to or from the United States.
How much is a plane ticket for dog?
Airlines typically charge a $100 to $125 one-way fee to bring your dog in the cabin. And, if you want your pet to fly in the cabin, you’ll need to purchase an airline-compliant pet carrier, which can cost from $30 up to $250, according to Consumer Reports.
How does a pet passport work?
A pet passport is a legal document detailing important information about your pet, including date of birth and microchip number. It also includes information about the owner and a description of the animal, to help authorities should the pet go missing.
How much is a flight to Thailand?
The cheapest ticket to Thailand from the United States found in the last 72 hours was $222 one-way, and $607 round-trip. The most popular route is Los Angeles to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi and the cheapest round-trip airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $705.
Is Bangkok dog friendly?
You wouldn’t call Bangkok a pet-friendly city. But the city is developing a more welcoming attitude towards domesticated animals—cafés, shopping malls, and even staycation-perfect hotels across the city are now allowing fur parents to bring their canine and feline babies. …
Which airlines allow dogs in cabin?
The following airlines allow flying with dogs in-cabin:
- Aegean Airlines.
- Air Canada.
- Air Europa.
- Air France.
- Alaska Air.
- American Airlines.
How do I get an export license in Thailand?
Thailand Import/Export License
- The Application.
- Copy of company affidavit (updated within six months)
- Two copies of value added tax certificate (Phor Phor 20)
- Copy of first page of bank account and bank statement.
- Copy of seal registration.
- Copy of passport.
- Power of attorney.
How do you relocate a pet?
Moving with Pets: 10 Tips for Success
- Prepare an Overnight Kit. …
- Contact Your Vet. …
- Keep Your Pets Away from the Action. …
- Take Your Pet in Your Vehicle. …
- Don’t Let Your Pet Out Until You’ve Arrived. …
- Keep Your Pet Secluded. …
- Update Their Info. …
- Moving with Fish.
What countries require pet quarantine?
Countries That May Quarantine Your Pet
- Hong Kong.
What size dog can fly in cabin?
In-cabin. Generally, if your dog in its carrier can fit under the seat in front of you, it can go in the cabin. So that means a dog weighing up to about 20 pounds.