What can I bring back from Vietnam?
Below is the list of duty-free goods and products that tourists can bring back from Vietnam, remember to declare if anything exceeds the stated amount:
- 400 cigarettes.
- 100 cigars.
- 100 grams of tobaccos.
- 1.5 liters of liquor.
- 5 kilograms of tea or 3 kilograms of coffee.
- Perfume and jewelry for personal use.
What should I bring home from Vietnam?
MUST souvenirs from Vietnam
- SILK. …
- LACQUER WARE. …
- VIETNAMESE EMBROIDERY. …
- DO PAPER postcards, notebooks. …
- GUOC MOC (wooden clogs) …
- AO DAI dress. …
- SNAKE WINE. …
- BOOK “Que Huong my homeland Vietnam” by Nguyen Manh Dan.
What do I need to declare at Vietnam Customs?
What Do I Need to Declare at Vietnam Customs?
- Local currency (Vietnamese Dong) exceeding VND 15,000,000.
- Foreign currency exceeding equivalent to USD 5,000.
- Foreign currency to be deposited in banks or credit institutions in Vietnam, regardless of value.
- Gold with a total weight of over 300 g.
- Jewellery not for personal use.
What is the best souvenir from Vietnam?
Best 10 souvenirs from Vietnam
- Silk. In Vietnam, you can find gorgeous silk scarves for men and women and it’s a popular souvenir from this country. …
- Ceramic. …
- Bamboo and wooden products. …
- Silk Paintings. …
- Musical instruments. …
- Lacquerware. …
- Vietnamese embroidery. …
- Guoc Moc.
What products are cheap in Vietnam?
What’s Cheaper To Buy in Vietnam?
- Aside from brand names, tailored clothing should also be on your shopping list when you’re in Vietnam, and especially when you’re in Hoi An. …
- Simple electronics – things like electric razors and curling irons – are much cheaper in Vietnam.
What can you not eat in Vietnam?
11 Things You Shouldn’t Eat or Drink in Vietnam
- Tap water. Might as well start with the obvious one. …
- Strange meat. We don’t mean street meat, as street food in Vietnam is amazing. …
- Roadside coffee. …
- Uncooked vegetables. …
- Raw blood pudding. …
- Cold soups. …
- Dog meat. …
Is Gucci made in Vietnam?
However, some counterfeit products are made in Vietnam. Many households in Lich Dong Village, Thai Binh Province produce glasses and label them with famous international brands such as Ray-Ban, Gucci and Chanel, while Thao Noi Village in Hanoi is notorious for producing fake Chanel, Hermes and Louis Vuitton handbags.
What is the famous in Vietnam?
Vietnam is known for being a popular tourist destination because of its beautiful beaches, it’s culture, amazing food (like pho), and friendly people. Vietnam is also famous for the Vietnam War, motorbikes (86% of households have one), Vietnamese coffee, floating markets and rice terraces.
What products is Vietnam famous for?
Vietnam has emerged as an important electronics exporter, with electrical and electronic products overtaking coffee, textiles, and rice to become the country’s top export item. Samsung is Vietnam’s largest exporter and has helped the country achieve a trade surplus for the first time in many years.
How much can you bring back from Vietnam?
Materials Under Declaration
There are no restrictions on the amount of currency, gold, precious metals and stones; however, you have to declare on the customs forms provided that your luggage includes: Foreign currency: in excess of US$ 5,000. Vietnam Dong: in excess of VND15.
How much cash can you bring into Vietnam?
But how much cash are you supposed to bring for your trip to Vietnam? While there’s technically no legal limit on the amount of money you’re allowed to bring into the country, you are required to declare your money if you are carrying an amount that’s equivalent to 5,000 US dollars and above.
What Cannot be sent to Vietnam?
There is also a restriction on used electronics like telephones, computer parts, wireless equipment and computer hardware. These are prohibited from being imported into Vietnam, unless you have an import license from the Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam.
What is a typical breakfast in Vietnam?
This article is going to present 9 most popular breakfast dishes in Vietnam which can both be cooked at home or found at restaurants.
- Bun (Rice Vermicelli)
- Mien (Cellophane Noodles/ Glass noodles)
- Xoi (Sticky Rice)
- Banh Mi (Vietnamese Bread)
- Banh Cuon (Rice Flour Steamed Rolls)
- Cháo (Congee/Porridge)
What is the most popular food in Vietnam?
Pho is arguably the most popular food in Vietnam. It is served both at restaurants and in families, eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This famous dish is basically rice noodle soup but the broth is seasoned in a very unique way that appeals to almost everyone.
How much does souvenirs cost in Vietnam?
The price depends on the size of the object and the length of the process that the item has undergone. It usually starts around VND 50,000 for smaller items, and can go up to VND 2,000,000 for lacquerware paintings and furniture.